Thursday 17 November 2011

Script Ideas for video

Looking back at my research I know that my target market would prefer a narrative video that tells a story rather than one that has no point. The song I have chosen to promote is the song "Ghosts by Gabrielle Aplin". The song is a very dark yet beautiful song and the main theme is about feeling alone. It could be due to heartbreak, arguments etc. I want to incorporate the feeling of not knowing to the audience. I want them to have an active mind and be able to figure out when she's heartbroken or whether it's something else. It creates the mystery.

In the beginning I would like to have the main persona (female character) to be standing alone in the woods and to lip sync to the first few lines looking quite sad yet powerful. Throughout the first verse which is up to 0:43 I want her to wander round the woods and be looking over her shoulder like someone is following her. She needs to portray paranoia. When the chorus kicks in I need to up the anti and make her start running. She trips and laying next to her is a note it will be along the lines of "feeling alone." She gets up and as she does it reaches a flashback where she's in her room crying and throwing things off her bed. Some things she throws will be a clue as to why she's upset - photo's, gifts etc. At the end of the second verse she's hysterically crying and burning a picture.f It shows she's heartbroken but it will take an active audience to work it out. When it comes back to the chorus she's running again and passes a shadow of a man. She stops and turns back and he's gone. When the lyrics start "I'm pulling pictures of the wall.." she runs back to her house and trashes her room again. Near the end of the video she sings the end lyrics into the camera and then it jumps back to a clip of her sitting in a ball and then a hand comes out and offers to help her up. You're not too sure who it is though.

This is just a rough draft of the narrative and I will develop on it further once I have actors and locations sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment