Tuesday 22 November 2011

Chosen Song and Copyright

So as I said in my 'script ideas' post my chosen song is Gabrielle Aplin - Ghosts. This song is a very personal song to her and I want to be able to portray those feelings in the video. Obviously because I can't have her starring in the video I'm going to get another girl to star in it. It will be made obvious to the audience that it is not Gabrielle herself. To the audience, it will be like watching a scene from a movie - the character is acting out to represent the audio. By doing this it will really give the video a more narrative response.

After sending a message to Gabrielle Aplin, I simply asked her if I could use her song in my project and I politely stated that if I didn't get a reply then I would need to proceed with using her video. Since not getting a reply, I will be able to use her song for my project. I checked before hand with a few people to check that this was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment