Tuesday 22 November 2011

Location Ideas - Part One

Reading through my draft script idea I want to film the majority of the video in the woods. In Norwich there are plenty of places to film. One place which I know very well would be perfect for filming. Mousehold Heath, situated around Heartsease and Sprowston is my first choice as there are many secluded areas which is just what I need for the filming.




The above pictures perfectly portray the ambience that I want to create in my video. I want it to feel mysterious and haunting.

The second location that I found is a well-known public park in Old Catton called Catton Park. It's a very vast piece of land and is surrounded by a small area of woodland. It isn't my first choice but looking at photo's it does have a haunting feeling to it. My only concern is that it will not fit in with my criteria.


Looking at the two locations I am drawing towards filming in Mousehold Heath as it has all the elements that I am looking for. It's also a much larger location so there is more variety in the places that I can film.
In the second part of the post I will be looking at different locations to film the indoor scene in. Preferably I want to find someone's house which has a very vintage feel to it. I need good lighting and I need space to be able to film in good depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment