Friday 8 July 2011

Setting my brief.

Before I continue on with my first presentation research I want to get started on my set brief. I have chosen brief 1; A promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music video promo video, together with [what I have chosen] a cover for its release as part of a digipak and a magazine advertisement for the digipak.

I have chosen this brief because it expands the range of work that I want to get across in A2. I want to interpret fashion and music together and show how they can work. There is definitely a gap in the market here. I was thinking of choosing an artist with an indie/folk genre and have an iconic look that will allow the chosen target market to relate to. I personally think there is a gap in the market for a female singer/songwriter like Gabrielle Aplin. She has a great personality that comes across in her music and she has an incredible fashion sense that will allow her fans to follow her clothing. A clothes line could also be in the future for her. I think it will work well for everyone. From personal views, my family and friends would absolutely love it, and for those who are in my potential target market, it's perfect.

1 comment:

  1. i keep wanting to write why..... especially for the last two statements - you need to explain how this would fit into the market and what leads you to this decision - include reflective and evaluationary comments - you are part of your TM - how do you respond to this idea - how well would your family like it ...

    ReplyDelete