Monday 26 December 2011

Camera Angles and Shots

The theme for my video is going to be very dark. I want the audience to feel intense when watching it. Therefore, I am going to need very intense shots and angles. Close ups tend to make the audience relate with the actor (eye contact) so at the start of my video there will be a close up of the actress staring into the camera.

There will be plenty of tracking in my video as the camera will be following the actress through the woods. This gives a feeling of being followed and the audience will hopefully feel like their going on a journey with the actress. Hand held shots will be used so that it will give a little depth to the video in the fact that I don't want the whole video to be stiff with the camera being on a tripod.

Over the shoulder shots, extreme long shots and medium shots will also be used to create a variety of views for the audience. I will use panning in a small sequence of the video but to create a strange, controversial feel to it. The whole video will be shot at eye level with maybe a few sequences at a low angle. This is not only due to the fact I am only equipped with a 5" 6" (estimated) tripod but it will create the perfect atmosphere for the audience. The low angle will create a sense of sadness and depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment