Wednesday 28 September 2011

My questionnaire design.

Before I created my questionnaire I needed to take a few things into account. There are 2 types of design in a questionnaire and these are Quantitive and Qualitative.

Quantative:
Demographics
Statistics
Factual
Closed questions

Qualitative:
"Rich" data - not a 'yes' or 'no' question. It's wide variety
Opinion or judgement
Open or free questions
Subjective
Less valid or reliable questions

To get the perfect questionnaire and to get an accurate idea of my target market, I considered both design options to give me good results. I needed to look carefully over each design idea to make sure that the questionnaire I was giving out was fair and that people could understand it. It would also give me a wider range of  questions and answers.

A well designed questionnaire is essential to a successful survey. However, I must develop my own intuition to what constitutes 'good design' since there is no theory of questionnaires to guide me. I also want to make sure that my questionnaire is liable to both genders as I don't want to rule out one.

1 comment:

  1. add comments as to why you need each and how this will enrich your project

    try to link to some critical theories - on post-modernism, representation, gender marketing etc

    ReplyDelete