Tuesday 18 October 2011

Analysis of similiar ancillary texts.

So that I know exactly what kind of theme I need for the cover of my digipak I need to do some research on some artists CD/DVD covers. I will make sure that they are the same genre as Gabrielle Aplin.

The first artist that came into my head was Lisa Mitchell. She's written and performed amazing songs such as 'Neopolitan Dreams' and 'Romeo and Juliet'. I found 2 CD covers for 2 of her singles and I wanted to deconstruct them.


When you look at the first image you see her standing in some woods in a big coat. The colour has been changed into a dark burgundy shade. The second image is much brighter than the first. You see Lisa leaning out of a cottage window and is surrounded by green leaves and trees.
The first image is very haunting and the colour could reflect on the emotion of the single. Both images reflect on her voice and her music. Her genre is very much like Gabrielle Aplin's - indie/folk. Both of the covers are in very private places and look hidden. This could reflect on Lisa Mitchell as a person and how she likes her privacy. Or it could be how she feels. Lonely? Hidden? The second image is a lot brighter and as I said before, this could portray the emotion of the song as 'Neopolitan Dreams' is a very happy song.

To get a decent digipak cover I need to make sure that the cover reflects Gabrielle Aplin's personality and her music. It can tell a story in itself.

When I have got all my questionnaire results back and into a presentation I will ask my chosen target market what they think of these CD covers and I will also show them some music video's which I will deconstruct in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. you need to go further - try using the prezi format - put the image in the centre and deconstruct around it - plus links to other comments/analysis and linked products - OR video record your self talking about it - use prompt sheets to ensure real coverage - or get a friend to interview you

    ReplyDelete